Current or former Jackson State University (JSU) students may order transcripts on-line via JSU PAWS. If you have a hold or financial obligation to the University, your transcript will not be released.
Students Whose Last Enrollment was after Summer 1976
- To order an official transcript, Click Here to login to JSU PAWS.
- Enter your ID (SSN or J#) and PIN then press enter. If you do not know your PIN, click the button marked ‘ Do not know my PIN’. Follow instructions to create a PIN to be used for this process and login to JSUPAWS.
- If you agree to the ‘Terms of Usage’, click Continue.
- Select ‘Student & Financial Aid’.
- Select ‘Student Records’.
- Select ‘Request Printed Transcript’.
- Select address where transcript should be delivered, then click Continue.
- Select transcript type, then click Continue.
- Complete ‘Transcript Request Options’, then click Continue.
- Complete ‘Payment Options’, then click Continue.
- Ensure that the information in the request summary is correct, then click Submit Request.
- Enter credit card or debit card information, then click Submit Payment.
- If your payment is successful, you will see the message ’Your payment has been received’. You must then click Continue to complete your transcript request.
- Status of Request will be available by clicking ’View Status of Transcript Request’ on the Student Record menu.
If you experience any problem with this process, please call one of the following phone numbers: (601) 979-2804 or 2894.
Students Whose Last Enrollment Was Prior to Fall 1976
- To order an official transcript please fax request information to (601) 979-9026. You may also e-mail request information to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request information should include: name, ssn, daytime phone number, date of birth, dates of attendance, degrees received, address where transcript is to be mailed and home address.
- To make payment by credit card or debit card for this request, please click here. Complete the card information and submit payment. Payment must be completed before transcript can be processed.
- If you experience any problem with this process, please contact one of the three phone numbers listed above.
In Person or Mail Request
You may request an official transcript in person by completing a transcript request form in the Registrar’s office (2nd Floor B.F.Roberts Hall). Payment can be made with cash, check or credit card/debit card in the Financial Service office(2nd Floor B.F. Roberts Hall).
You may request an official transcript by mail by sending name, ssn, daytime phone number, date of birth, dates of attendance, degrees received, address where transcript is being mailed and home address with check or money order to:
Office of the Registrar and Records
Jackson State University
P.O. Box 17125
Jackson, Ms. 39217-0125
All transcript request are processed within 3 business days of receiving request and cost $7.50 per copy. Faxed transcripts are $10.00 and considered unofficial and must be followed by an official copy.
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
FERPA protects student rights regarding educational records maintained by educational institutions. In accordance with FERPA, JSU will not release transcript information regarding any student without the consent of the student.