Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Industrial Systems and Technology
College of Science, Engineering, and Technology
Civil Engineering, the oldest and broadest of the divisions of engineering, implements a range of public and private projects for improving the world’s environment.
Graduate Programs (M.S. And Ph.D.)
- At the graduate level, the Department offers programs leading to the Master of Science (M.S.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Engineering with the following emphasis areas: 1) Civil Engineering; 2) Environmental Engineering; and 3) Coastal Engineering. For admission and Degree Requirement for the M.S. Program, see: Graduate Curriculum MS (PDF). For Admission and Degree Requirements for the Ph.D. program, see Graduate Curriculum Ph.D. (PDF).
- Tips for applying for graduate admission. See here
- For Frequently Asked Questions related to the Graduate Program, See FAQ
- Financial Aids Info. See Attached File.
- All students are required to follow the curriculum very strictly. The students who have not taken the courses in the curriculum, cannot be cleared for graduation.
- Candidates for the Civil Engineering/Environmental Engineering emphasis areas, who do not have an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or in closely related field, will be required to satisfy the articulation courses. Click here for list of Articulation Courses
- All letters of recommendations and statements should be sent to Dr. Lin Li (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For help with advising and selecting the courses, contact your Faculty Adviser.
- JSU Graduate Admission Home Page https://www.jsums.edu/graduateschool/prospective-students-home/
- Jackson State University Division of Graduate Studies Home Page https://www.jsums.edu/graduateschool/
- Please see immunization requirements
READY TO JOIN?
For more information, please contact us at (601) 979-3913. We look forward to meeting with you and seeing how our program can help you achieve your goals.
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING & INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY