Studying abroad is affordable. JSU Global works closely with the Financial Aid Office to ensure that cost is not a barrier for study abroad participants. To use financial aid for study abroa, you must enroll full time at an accredited foreign institution and receive academic credit towards the degree you are pursuing at Jackson State University. JSU Global also work with students to identify and apply for external sources of funding. Visist www.jsums.edu/global for a listing of external funding and study abroad scholarship opportunities.
1. Start saving money today!
2. Determine whether you can apply your financial aid to your study abroad program.
3. Research study abroad scholarships, including those from JSU's Office of Development. Click here.
4. If feasible, pursue destinations off the beaten path and that have a better exchange rate.
5. Opt for a short course (or faculty-led) if that is a better fit for your budget.
6. Review what's included in the overall program, including excursions.
7. Research the cost of living in your target location and budget for currency fluctuations.
8. Look for ways to save money on the ground.
9. If possible, work or intern while abroad (but follow the law).
10. Listen to the advice and experience of those who have been there and done that.