We are a professional society whose mission is to promote the study of history through the encouragement of research, good teaching, publication and the exchange of learning and ideas among historians. We seek to bring students, teachers and writers of history together for intellectual and social exchanges, which promote and assist historical research and publication by our members in a variety of ways.
- present papers at regional, national, and international fora.
- compete for prizes and awards,
- compete for scholarships.
Above all, you will be identified as a member of a nationally recognized scholastic honors society.
Who can be a member?
You can join if
- you are an undergraduate who has completed at least 12 hours in history with a 3.1 GPA and an overall 3.0 GPA.
- you are a graduate student who has completed 12 graduate hours in history and has an overall 3.5 GPA.
Members pay a one time fee of 50 dollars for a lifetime membership.