A plan to mentor female administrators for advancing to upper administration and female faculty interested in becoming administrators is proposed. Leadership mentoring relationships will be formed specifically for STEM-SBS women who are administrators seeking to advance into upper administration or faculty seeking to advance into administration at all levels.
JSU Pathways—Leadership for the Future
Mission: JSU Pathways seeks to harness talent within the organization and cultivate the next group of leaders to promote JSU’s sustainability and growth.
Components of the Program:
• Administrative Sabbatical: One semester project in a top level area of JSU, mentored by a leader at the cabinet or dean’s level
• Leadership Panel: Assembly of external university leaders to discuss best practices in top management decision-making
• Lunch and Learn: quarterly luncheons where academic leaders and JSUAdvance participants discuss pertinent issues in higher education
• Conference Travel: Travel to a conference dedicated to issues in higher education
• Tenured women faculty in STEM (this term refers to those in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics as well as the Social and Behavioral Sciences) who have served at least 3 years at the institution
To apply, please submit the online application, and upload a copy of your current vita.
The deadline for application is Wednesday, April 3, 2013. Selected applicants will be notified during the summer.
Thank you in advance for your interest in the JSUAdvance Pathways 2013. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Loretta A. Moore at 601-979-0552 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).