The Summer Writing Retreat will provide a means of supporting the research career of STEM (this term refers to those in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics as well as the Social and Behavioral Sciences) women faculty by providing a circle of faculty who focus on completing either a refereed paper or proposal during the summer. The goal is to redefine the role of women faculty in STEM by strengthening their research and writing knowledge. Ultimately, this component can be used to support all pre-tenure or tenured faculty, as part of the university’s promotion/tenure review process.
Application for Summer Writing Retreat 2013 is open!
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, April 3, 2013.
Selected applicants will be notified by April 26, 2013.
Successful applicants must accept by May 3, 2013.
The first week of the Summer Writing Retreat will be the week of May 19 – 25, 2013 and the second week will be the week of July 21 – 27, 2013.
The requirements for the summer writing retreat are as follows:
• Participation is required for both weeks.
• Teaching is not allowed during the summer period.
• A full proposal or a completed manuscript ready for submission to a funding agency or a refereed journal/conference proceeding will be required at the end of the summer.
• Participants must also present their research to the group and invited guests.
• There will be ten awards made for the Summer 2013 Writing Retreat. All participants will receive a Stipend of $10,000.00 for the summer.
• To apply, please complete the online application and email a current vita.
Thank you in advance for your interest in the JSUAdvance Summer Writing Retreat 2013. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Loretta A. Moore at 601-979-0552 or by email (email@example.com).