Department of Art
College of Liberal Arts
With a commitment to academic excellence and practical experience, the Department of Art provides a solid foundation for those passionate about the arts. We offer a balanced exploration of art’s history and contemporary practices. Our curriculum emphasizes both theoretical understanding and hands-on training, preparing students for diverse opportunities within the art realm.
Located in Johnson Hall, the Department of Art offers a range of exciting facilities.
Some of our facilities and opportunities include:
- A Mac Lab in Johnson Hall featuring computer equipment with complete image generation, typography, and multimedia capabilities, using current industry standards in software and hardware, scanners, and printers.
- Graphic Design internships
- Screen printing facilities
- Large painting studios
- Photography studios, darkrooms and printing facilities
- Wood, metal, foundry, casting and plastic fabrication studios
- Ceramic kilns
- A “Smart Classroom” located in the College of Liberal Arts for all Art History and Art Appreciation classes
- The Journal of Art and Theatre offers an opportunity for students to publish their work in an academic context
- The Johnson Hall Art Gallery where students can participate in a Senior Exhibition
- The Department of Art’s Permanent Collection which functions as both a teaching and research resource