Business Graduate Program
College of Business
The Business Graduate Programs unit administers all graduate degree programs offered by the College of Business: the Master of Business Administration (MBA), the MBA On-line, the Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA), the MPA Online, and the Ph.D. Program in Business, Accounting, Economics, and Management.
The College of Business at Jackson State University is proud to collaborate with the Deloitte Foundation to champion diverse talent entering the CPA profession. Together, Jackson State University and the Deloitte Foundation are happy to support students with a record of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion by providing a limited number of full scholarships to the Master of Professional Accountancy program.
Specifically, the criteria to be considered for this scholarship are:
- Currently enrolled in a Historically Black College University (HBCU), Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), or other accredited College, or University in the United States.
- Pursuing an undergraduate baccalaureate degree in accounting from an accredited program (Note: Undergraduate finance or other business majors would also be eligible if they are able to complete the master’s of accounting program by August 2024).
- Strong academic track record; minimum of 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale).
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Must meet the standards for admission into a Deloitte Foundation selected AACSB accredited college/university master’s program in accounting, master’s of tax program or master’s of accounting program with concentration in audit, advisory or tax.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in public accounting and obtaining their CPA, but not presently a CPA.
- Selected participants must matriculate to the University’s master’s of accounting program (which includes master of accounting programs, master’s of tax programs and master’s of accounting programs with audit, advisory or tax concentrations) for the duration of the 2023-2024 academic school year (June 2023 through August 2024) and complete such program by August 2024.
- In the spirit of supporting a racially and ethnically diverse student population, the University shall endeavor to consider Black and Hispanic/Latinx applicants who meet the recipient eligibility criteria above, with a view to obtain due representation of the aforementioned communities.
Requirements for scholarship recipients
- Each scholarship recipient would be accepted and enrolled in the University’s master’s of accounting program (which includes master of accounting programs, master’s of tax programs and master’s of accounting programs with audit, advisory or tax concentrations) for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Must maintain a GPA of 0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for all semesters and upon graduation
For consideration, candidates must submit a complete application for admission into the Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA) program no later than March 1, 2023 Apply Here! and complete and submit form below:
For more information about the program contact:
Dr. Bobbie Daniels, CPA
The College of Business at Jackson State University is proud to collaborate with the Deloitte Foundation to champion diverse talent entering the CPA profession.
Want to learn more? Click below to view our opportunities.
READY TO JOIN?
For more information, please contact us at (601) 979- 1210. We look forward to meeting with you and seeing how our program can help you achieve your goals.