Business Graduate Program
College of Business
The Business Graduate Programs unit administers all graduate degree programs offered by the College of Business: the Master of Business Administration (MBA), the MBA On-line, the Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA), the MPA Online, and the Ph.D. Program in Business, Accounting, Economics, and Management.
Admission to the MBA & MPA programs is open to all students who have satisfactorily completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year institution. Students seeking admission to the MBA or MPA program must submit the following to the Office of Business Programs:
- Application to the Graduate School;
- Undergraduate transcripts from all colleges and universities attended;
- Scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). GMAT scores older than five years are not acceptable;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Evidence of professional and/or managerial experience (optional)
- Immunization Records
- Scores from the TOEFL examination (for International Students only)
- $25 Application Fee for non-Mississippi residents
To be considered for regular admission into the MBA or The MPA program, an applicant must satisfy the following minimum composite score (s):
- GMAT score + (200 x undergraduate GPA* (bachelor’s level)) = 950
- GMAT score + (200 x upper level undergraduate GPA* (bachelor level)) = 1000
*Scale of 4.00.
The College of Business Graduate Programs grant a limited number of Conditional Admissions to applicants with a composite score in the range of 850 to 949, and/or a minimum upper division composite score of 949. Applications for students whose composite scores are between 850 and 949 are forwarded to the Business Graduate Advisory Council for review. The number of students admitted in this category will not exceed 20% of the total number of students granted Regular Admission for the semester of application. Additionally, applicants must satisfy the Graduate School’s minimum GPA requirement of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale) to be considered for admission eligibility.
The College of Business at Jackson State University is proud to collaborate with the Deloitte Foundation to champion diverse talent entering the CPA profession.
Want to learn more? Click below to view our opportunities.
READY TO JOIN?
For more information, please contact us at (601) 979- 1210. We look forward to meeting with you and seeing how our program can help you achieve your goals.