Students in the ESL program must have a current F1 (student) visa. Complete these steps to apply for the F1 visa and to the ESL program
1. Complete the online Application for Admission (Apply Online Here)
2. Pay the $50.00 application fee (this fee is non-refundable. Pay Online Here)
3. Submit the following supporting documents:
(i) Financial Certification (Download it here)
(ii)Statement of Financial Guarantee (If a third party is the sponsor, please have the signature on the form notarized by a notary public with the stampin the bottom left corner ) Download it here.
(3) Bank statements for the last three months
a. Show at least $5,000 USD (or currency equivalent to $5,000 USD) to cover the approximate expenses for an eight-week session
b. Account with transaction activities is preferred.
(4) A copy of passport photo page.
(5) Proof of immunization records in English showing vaccinations of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR). Click here for health screening requirements for international students.
(6) A copy of the receipt for the $50.00 application fee or a money order payable to JSU Global
4. All of the supporting documents may be scanned and submitted via email as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the upcoming eight week session. Documents must be legible. Financial recertification is required every year.
5. All of the supporting documents may be delivered in person to JSU Global Main Office 111B College of Education
If you prefer to mail them, please mail them to :
Center for English as a Second Language
Jackson State University
P.O. Box 17103
Jackson, MS 39217 U.S.A.
Students are responsible to maintain a current F1 (student) visa. If your educational and professional goals require you to study with us for a longer time, visit our office so we can extend your program date.