1. Do your research- check out the IIE Passport directory at www.iiepassport.org.
2. Figure out the best time to go.
3. Determine how long you intend to stay abroad.
4. Sort through the many places you can go and begin narrowing your list.
5. Use the opportunity to study a second language.
6. Review international housing options—homestays, campus dorm or apartment. Determine if you want to house with an international or domestic student.
7. Find a program that allows you to study abroad as long as possible, given your personal, financial and academic needs.
8. Determine if JSU offers the program you really want or if you'll need to go with an outside provider.
9. Find a program that will help you enhance your resume and differentiate you in job / graduate school interviews.