Nutrient recycling (C, N, P) and eutrophication, environmental chemistry and biogeochemistry of heavy metals, trace elements and radionuclides, phytoremediation/bioremediation/chemical remediation of polluted soil and water, surface chemistry of clay minerals, carbon sequestration and global warming, and remote sensing technology.
- Han, F.X., Y. Su, Z. Shi, Y. Xia, W. Tian, V. Philips, D.L. Monts. 2011. Mercury distribution and bioavailability in the floodplain soil of East Fork Popular Creek, Oak Ridge, Tennessee after a series of remediation. Geoderma (in press).
- Han, F.X., S. Shiyab, J. Chen, Y. Su, D. L. Monts, C.A. Waggoner, F.B. Matta. 2008. Extractability and bioavailability of mercury from a mercury sulfide contaminated soil from Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA. Water, Air and Soil Pollution. 194:67-75.
- Han, F.X., Y. Su, D.L. Monts, C.A. Waggoner, and M. J. Plodinec. 2006.Binding, distribution, and plant uptake of mercury in a soil from Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA. Science of Total Environment 368: 753-768.
- Han, F.X., W.D. Patterson, Y. Xia, B.B.M. Sridhar, and Y. Su. 2006. Rapid determination of mercury in plant and soil samples using inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy, a comparative study. Water, Air and Soil Pollution 170: 161-171.
- Han, F.X., W.L. Kingery, H.M. Selim, P.D. Gerard, M.S. Cox, and J.L. Oldham. 2004. Accumulation and solubility of arsenic in poultry wastes and waste-amended soils. The Science of the Total Environment 320(1): 51-61.
- Han, F.X., Y. Su, D.L. Monts, and B.B.M. Sridhar. 2004. Distribution, transformation and bioavailability of trivalent and hexavalent chromium in contaminated soil. Plant and Soil 265: 243-252.
- Kelleher, B.P., S.F. Oppenheimer, F.X. Han, K.O. Willeford, M.J. Simpson, A.J. Simpson and W.L. Kingery. 2003. Dynamical System Analysis of Protease-Clay Interactions. Langmuir 19: 9411-9417.
- Han, F.X., Y. Su, D.L. Monts, M. J. Plodinec, A. Banin, and G.B. Triplett. 2003. Assessment of global industrial-age anthropogenic arsenic contamination. Naturwissenschaften 90: 395-401.
- Han, F.X., A. Banin, W.L. Kingery, G.B. Triplett, L.X. Zhou, S.J. Zheng, and W.X. Ding. 2003. New approach to studies of redistribution of heavy metals in soils. Advances in Environmental Research (A special issue on heavy metals in soils, edited by Dr. P.S. Hooda, Invited chapter) 8(1): 113-120.
- Han, F.X., A. Banin, Y. Su, D.L. Monts, M. J. Plodinec, W.L. Kingery and G.B. Triplett. 2002. Industrial age anthropogenic inputs of heavy metals into the pedosphere. Naturwissenschaften 89: 497-504.