Jackson State University's Student Conduct and Community Standards strives to operate as an integral part of contributing to Jackson State University’s motto, “Challenging Minds, Changing Lives,” by upholding University standards of student conduct and academic integrity through an objective process.
“ONE JSU” Contribution
Student Conduct and Community Standards fulfills its mission by supporting the University’s mission of producing “technologically-advanced, diverse, ethical, global leaders who think critically, address societal problems and compete effectively,” through the implementation of educational sanctioning, which requires the use of technology, fosters self-reflection, promotes civility, and encourages personal responsibility.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of due process.
- Enhance the principles of student rights and responsibilities through ongoing outreach, continual
- education, and thorough case management.
- Strive to ensure a safe and healthy campus community.
- Strengthen student decision making and conflict resolution skills.
- Advance the development of student ethical values.
- Provide significant contributions to the JSU technologically-infused intellectual community
LAQUALA M. COLEMAN, M. Ed., Associate Dean of Students
Student Center 3rd Floor Office 3200
1400 JR Lynch Street
PO Box 18090
Jackson, MS 39217
Phone: (601) 979-2329
Fax: (601) 979-2327
2016-2017 Student Affairs Conduct Committee-Student Representatives
Chair: Alexis J. Armstrong
Associate Chair: Jordan Turner
Student Conduct Leaders: Jauan Knight, Joshua Rudd, Cecil Hill, Jr.
Student’s Right To Know
Title IX Coordinator:
Thomas Hudson, EEO/AA and Chief Diversity Officer