The Unit of Planning and Construction’s Role:
- Participate as staff liaisons to the State of Mississippi Bureau of Buildings, Grounds, Real Properties Management, Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL), and Professionals (Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and other Consultants);
- Ensure communication with the Maintenance unit for the Department of Facilities & Construction Management regarding facilities;
- Define detailed user needs in program format;
- Provide general project budget estimates;
- Obtain architect/engineer and consulting services;
- Ensure compliance with programs, budgets, schedules, and codes;
- Provide regular reports and information in other formats to keep the Associate Vice President of Facilities & Construction Management informed on the status of current and upcoming projects.