While each specialist program has its own admission requirements, the Graduate School specifies the following minimum criteria for admission:
STEP ONE – Submit the following admission credentials to the Graduate School
- An application for admission to Graduate School – Click here to apply
- All applicants must hold an master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- All applicants must submit two official copies of transcripts from all 4 year regionally accredited colleges and universities attended. Community College transcripts are not required.
- Departmental requirements vary by department. Please consult the department or Graduate Catalog.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Click here to pay online.
- International applicants must submit satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores
- International applicants must also file a Certified Declaration of Financial Support with the University with the Division of International Studies. Click for: Form I-134, Affidavit of Support (pdf).
Regular status is awarded to students who have minimum GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 Scale) from the Master's degree.
STEP TWO –
- All applicants must submit immunization records showing proof of immunization compliance for measles and rubella, unless born prior to 1957, to: JSU, Health Services, P.O. Box 17097, Jackson, MS 39217. Telephone: (601) 979-2260. Click here for specific details.
The following items should be sent directly to the program/department.
- Three letters of recommendation (Click for a Generic Form: GSRecF.pdf)
- Standardized test scores
- Special application forms and material
STEP THREE – Additional Application Material is required for the following programs
- Educational Administration and Supervision