While each specialist program has its own admission requirements, the Graduate School specifies the following minimum criteria for admission:
STEP ONE – Submit the following admission credentials to the Graduate School
- An application for admission to Graduate School – Click here to apply
- All applicants must hold an master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- All applicants must submit two official copies of transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities attended
- Admission by a major department. Departmental requirements are listed in the Graduate Catalog or in the application packet:JSUAP (pdf file)
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee (money orders only)
- International applicants must submit satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores
- International applicants must also file a Certified Declaration of Financial Support with the University with the Division of International Studies.
- Click for: Form I-134, Affidavit of Support (pdf).
Regular status is awarded to students who have minimum GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 Scale) on the Master’s degree.
STEP TWO -
- All applicants must submit immunization records showing proof of immunization compliance for measles and rubella, if born after December 1957, to: JSU, Health Services, P.O. Box 17097, Jackson, MS 39217. Telephone: (601) 979-2260.
Departmental/Program Requirements: The following items should be sent directly to the program/department.
- Three letters of recommendation (Click for a Generic Form: GSRecF.pdf)
- Standardized test scores
- Special application forms and material
STEP THREE – Additional Application Material is required for the following programs
- Educational Administration and Supervision