Executive Ph.D. Program in Urban Higher Education
College of Education and Human Development
The Executive Ph.D. Program (EPhD) in Urban Higher Education at Jackson State University (JSU) prepares students to assume senior leadership roles in post-secondary institutions and other organizations whose primary endeavors relate to or impact the operations of institutions of higher learning.
Each semester tuition and required fees are assessed for all enrolled students in traditional and online courses. Please keep in mind the fees presented below are estimates for the average cost to attend and are subject to change upon approval of the Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning. Every effort is made to give as much advance notice as possible.
|Student Activity Fee||$75.00||$75.00|
Each student will be billed and is held responsible for 100% of the tuition and fees assessed. All fees are due and payable at the time of registration.
This phrase indicates satisfactory financial arrangements have been officially communicated and acknowledged by the Business Office to cover all fees and charges assessed to the student’s account.
Once this information is “officially communicated” to the Business Office by paying the remaining balance in full or enrolling in a payment plan, charges will be “accepted” which protects the student’s classes from being purged. A memo comment will post on your student account stating “Registration Complete” or “Auto Registration Complete”.
If you have been awarded Title IV funds (PELL Grant, SEOG, Direct Loans, PLUS Loan, Private Loans) and intend to use these funds to pay for the current academic year charges, it is important to review and accept your award.
If the financial aid award does not cover all costs to attend for the semester, the University offers a payment plan as an alternate payment through the Jackson State University Bill Payment Suite.
The Jackson State University Bill Payment Suite makes it easy to plan, budget, and pay tuition timely, interest free and without any surprises. Students and authorized users can enroll in an available online plan and make payments via direct debit from your bank account or by using Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Other features include:
- Get up-to-date account balance and view real-time account activity
- View your payment and refund history
- Store payment methods in your secure wallet
If a student’s aid should exceed charges on the account, the student may be entitled to a refund. If the total sum of the financial aid award exceeds total institutional charges, the University will process a refund payable to the student.
We encourage students to complete and submit a Direct Deposit Authorization Form to receive payments from the University. Direct deposit allows your refund to reach you faster and eliminates potential delays. Direct deposit forms can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Have you received your Letter of Acceptance? If not, contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you completed a housing application? If not, contact Housing at email@example.com.
- Do you have a meal plan? If not and you need one, contact Auxiliary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you completed the FAFSA? If not, go to www.studentaid.gov.
- Have you received an Official Awards letter from Financial Aid? If not, contact Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- Have you completed your class schedule? If not, please contact the University Academic Advisement Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have completed all the above items, you are now ready to Complete Registration for the current semester. Please sign into the JSU Bill Payment Suite to make a payment plan to verify your complete registration status.
- If you are expecting a refund, please complete and submit a Direct Deposit Authorization Form to the Business Office.
The JSU Business Office is available and here to assist.
For additional information/concerns, contact us via the information below.
READY TO JOIN?
For more information, please contact us at (601) 979- 2434. We look forward to meeting with you and seeing how our program can help you achieve your goals.
EXECUTIVE PH.D. PROGRAM