Non Degree Seeking Students

A special non-degree student is one who is not pursuing a degree program. Admission may be granted provided the student is not less than 21 years of age and has a high school diploma or its equivalent.

The special non-degree student is subject to all University regulations governing registration, attendance, and academic standing. The student may not register for more than 12.0 semester hours during a semester and 6.0 semester hours during a summer term. Credit earned in non-degree status is recorded on the student’s permanent academic record.

Students seeking admission to a degree program must submit a formal application indicating the desired major. Credits may be applied to a degree program when the student satisfactorily meets entrance requirements established by the University and approved by the Dean of the School in which the student wishes to major. The student is subject to dismissal if the minimum grade point average is not earned while in this status.

Twenty-One Years of Age or Over

Applicant who is at least twenty-one (21) years old and does not meet the regular freshman admission requirements may apply for admission as a non-degree seeking student. Non-degree seeking students may enroll in a maximum of twelve (12) semester hours during a regular term, six (6) semester hours during a five-week summer term, or equivalent hours for alternate terms. To transition from non-degree-seeking to degree-seeking status, students must satisfactorily complete twelve (12) hours with a ā€œCā€ or better average in the general education core Once admitted to a degree program, a maximum of eighteen (18) semester hours credit earned as a non-degree seeking student may be applied toward a baccalaureate degree, if approved by the dean of the college or school from which the degree is sought.

Without a High School Diploma

Applicants who have not graduated from a regionally accredited high school and were not home-schooled must submit qualifying scores on the General Education Development Test (GED) and any transcripts reflecting academic performance in high school. Home-schooled students must present portfolios summarizing his or her home-school education. Submission of scores on the ACT or SAT is strongly encouraged. Applicants may be required to appear for an on-campus interview.