Mission Statement/Strategic Plan
College of Science, Engineering, and Technology.
CSET has distinguished itself with outstanding faculty and staff who are dedicated to providing both the quality education and science leadership necessary to achieve the highest possible level of excellence. The College is committed to implementing the University’s urban mission and focusing its intellectual and other resources on improving the quality of life for students, the surrounding community, state, nation and the global community.
The mission of the College of Science, Engineering and Technology at Jackson State University (CSET) is to provide an innovative program of excellence in education, research, and public and professional service at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. CSET promotes the production of highly competitive graduates as judged by the highest academic standards in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The College also endeavors to be recognized both nationally and internationally as preparers of outstanding men and women scientists. CSET is committed to implementing the University’s mission and focusing its intellectual, experience and other resources on improving the quality of life for students, the surrounding community, state, nation and the global community.
The following goals and objectives represent summary initiatives of the Strategic Plan of the Jackson State University College of Science, Engineering and Technology:
- To advance the mission of Jackson State University by aggressively pursuing the development of new graduate and undergraduate programs that provide opportunities at the frontiers of knowledge creation;
- To offer a nurturing, caring environment as well as an outstanding place to study, develop lifelong learning skills, and achieve exciting career goals;
- To provide forward-looking, learner-centered and intellectually stimulating educational experiences that inspire students to reach for the highest levels of academic attainment and growth;
- To provide student support and retention services from admission to academic career goal completion;
- To develop and encourage participation in research activities which lead to scientific discovery by faculty, research personnel, and students;
- To consistently develop and evaluate relevant education programs and support centers;
- To promote local and national conferences, hands-on research, mentoring, internships, GRE preparation, and other support programs and scholarships for students;
- To engage in meaningful service activities that enhance the public’s understanding and perception of STEM issues and solutions management;
- To expand the College’s financial support base through grants, annual gifts, and endowments that support College initiatives;
- To develop private and corporate partnerships that lead to sponsorship and in-kind donations; and
- To support the growth of College faculty and staff through professional development and other extended career enhancement/training programs.