The EPhD degree program is housed in the Jake Ayers Institute of Research in Urban Higher Education located at the University’s cutting edge, state-of-the-art, high tech Center commonly known throughout the country as the Mississippi e–Center at Jackson State. The institute includes administrative offices, a library/lounge, staff and faculty work stations, a multi-media electronic classroom, and access to other classrooms for instruction and group seminars. The “e-Center” is surrounded by a park environment with a walking trail and ample parking. The facility also has food service capability.
The EPhD Program uses the Marriott as their hotel of choice for the program for meeting dates and for related field trip travel.
• Take Exit 42-A the Ellis Ave. South exit.
• Once on Ellis proceed to Raymond Rd. and turn RIGHT.
• The JSU e-Center is about a mile on the RIGHT.
• It is on the corner of West Highland and Raymond Rd. The facility
is a large two-story building with a fence around the perimeter.
From I – 220:
• Take Exit 1-A the Hwy 80 East exit.
• Once on Hwy 80 make a RIGHT at the first stoplight,
which will be Lynch St. At Lynch St. will make a hard right turn,
• At the first stop light turn LEFT, this is West Highland.
• Proceed up West Highland until you get to the first stoplight,
this is Raymond Rd. Turn RIGHT the main entrance is just up
Raymond Rd. to your RIGHT.