Click here to view pdf version of the DURP Program Admissions Information.
- Complete an online application with the Division of Graduate Studies http://www.jsums.edu/grad_form.cfm
The following items must be sent to the (main campus) Division of Graduate Studies, Jackson State University, PO Box 17095, Jackson, MS 39217
- A copy of your Immunization Records http://www.jsums.edu/gradeschool/immunization_records/
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee (money orders only).
- International applicants must submit satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Application for an Out-of-State FeeWaiver
- *International applicants must also file a Certified Declaration of Financial Support with the University with the Division of International Studies. Click for: Form I-134, Affidavit of Support (pdf).
The Department of Urban and Regional Planning requires the following documents:
Please use the following mailing address: Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Jackson State University, 101 W. Capitol Street, Jackson, MS 39201
- An official copy of your transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation and the recomender form checklist http://www.jsums.edu/graduateschool/files/2012/081/generic_form.pdf
- Statement of Purpose indicating your interest, skills, background and future aspirations
- A copy of GRE Scores (must be less than five years)