Employed, institution-wide, students are a vital part of Jackson State University’s workforce. The Student Employment Office provides learning opportunities for students by providing professional development through meaningful work experiences. Students work in positions covering an array of University functions, including research, administration, agricultural sciences, athletics, and tutoring. Student employment represents an important financial human resource to assist students to earn funds to offset the cost of their educations, while providing valuable work experience in a diverse array of work situations. Our goal is to provide students with a centralized information system of employment resources on and off campus, offer work experience that will enhance the student’s educational and occupational goals, and provide students an opportunity to gain valuable job experience. Ready to work? Let’s get started!
Student Employment Resources
- Payroll Schedule 2021 and 2022 (Schedule 2021, Schedule 2022)
- Acceptable Identification Documents (download)
- Student Employment Orientation (download)
- Student Direct Deposit Form (download) : Note: All forms need to be submitted to the Business Office for student account verification
- Required Documentation: Letter from Financial Institution or voided check. No bank statements or starter checks will be accepted.
- Federal Work Study Student Expectations and Responsibilities (download)
- JSU International Students:
- On Campus Employment| Guidelines to Obtain Letter for Social Security Number
Student Employment Supervisor Resources
- Confidentiality Agreement (download)
- Payroll Schedule (Student Payroll 2021, Student Payroll 2022)
- Federal Work Study Student and Supervisor Expectations and Responsibilities (download)
- Student Employment Job Separation/Termination Form (download)
- Student Employment Hiring Process (download)