Staff Development Center The Staff Training & Professional Development Center (PDC) is dedicated to fostering learning by offering an array of training, workshops and seminars to raise staff awareness about workplace issues and enable both professional and personnel development to increase knowledge and the execution of job-related skills with professionalism, accountability, and excellence. Our mission is the provision of training for staff advancement and the promotions of continuous learning environment through the enhancement of staff leadership competencies. The purpose of the center is to provide opportunities for development as well as strengthen commitment to the mission and goals of Jackson State University.
These opportunities allow employees to engage in stimulating professional development and cultivate leadership qualities through activities which enhance overall effectiveness of performance. The administrator of the Professional Development Center can work within departments to identify and meet staff development needs by offering customized on-site training and consultation by leveraging the expertise of both internal and external partners of the institution.
- Title III, Part B, Sections 321-327 of the Higher Education Act, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1060-1063c)
- Title III, Part F, Section 371 of the Higher Education Act, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1067q)
- 34 CFR Part 608
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), Parts 74, 75, 77, 79, 81, 82, 84, 85, 86, 97, 98, and 99
- JSU Division of Research and Federal Relations – www.jsums.edu/research/
- Title III Part B – Strengthening HBUCs Program – www2.ed.gov/programs/iduestitle3b/index.html
- Office of Postsecondary Education – www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/idues/index.html
About Human Resources
The role of the Division of Human Resources (HR) is to advance the overall mission of the University by providing quality support to the University for the following areas including, but not limited to:
Salary and Benefits Administration
Employer and Employee Relations
Professional and Workforce Development
Policy and Procedures
The Division of Human Resources supports the University pillars of student centeredness, teamwork and collegiality, and the pursuit of excellence. We are committed to excellence, honesty and integrity in all that we do and strive to build and maintain effective partnerships while promoting an environment in which human values and relationships are respected, diversity is supported, and people are recognized as our most valuable resource.