Transfer to JSU
To transfer to Jackson State University, you must first apply for admission to the university. Once admitted, notify your current school's international office of your intention to transfer and follow procedures in place to transfer your current SEVIS record to JSU. Only your current school has access to your SEVIS record and your current school adviser will transfer your SEVIS record to the JSU. Jackson State University cannot issue your JSU I-20 form (F-1 status) until your SEVIS record is transferred. A transfer student must start attending classes within five months of the last day he or she attended classes or the next available session, whichever comes sooner.
CONDITIONS FOR TRANSFERRING
- You must have maintained status at previous school.
- You must intend to pursue a full course load at JSU.
- You must be financially able to attend JSU.
- If you have already graduated from another SEVP certified school, you must be within your 60-day grace period.
HOW DO I TRANSFER TO JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY?
Apply for admission. Once accepted submit the following information to JSU Global:
- Completed JSU Transfer-in Form JSU GLobal
- Official JSU admission letter
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa page
- Proof of Financial Support
- Copy of current schools Form I-20
Once you arrive at Jackson State University, report to JSU Global to check in with an advisor. Your Advisor will make note of your report date, and complete your transfer by registering you in SEVIS. A new I-20 will be generated for you after your visit to JSU Global ISSS.
Transfer From JSU
To transfer from JSU to another institution in the U.S., you must first apply and be accepted to the new school. After your acceptance:
- Submit a completed JSU Global Transfer Out Form and official copy of the admission offer letter from your new school.
- Allow 10 business days for processing.
- After the transfer release date JSU will no longer have access to your SEVIS record.
- Once your transfer is complete you will receive an email confirmation of your SEVIS release from your ISSS adviser.
- If you are registered for a future semester at JSU, don't forget to withdraw and fulfill any financial obligations with the University before you transfer to your new school or leave the U.S.
- Contact the new school's International Admissions office to arrange when and how to receive your new I-20.